Who are we ?
Doctors Cyrille Cazeau and Yves Stiglitz are the editorial managers of the website.
Dr Cyrille Cazeau is an orthopaedic surgeon, specialized in foot and ankle surgery (his resume here). He created the website www.chirurgie-du-pied.fr in 2008 to answer a high information demand on foot and ankle pathologies and their treatments.
From its creation, the website received the “Grand Prix” at the French medical congress Les Entretiens de Bichat in 2008 for the quality of its content and its clarity.
Dr Yves Stiglitz is also an orthopaedic surgeon, specialized in foot and ankle surgery (his resume here). He joined Dr Cazeau at the end of 2011 to contribute to the enrichment of the website’s content and its permanent update.
What you will find on this website
According to his degree of interest and his knowledge on the subject, the visitor will find:
- general information on the main foot and ankle pathologies
- the principles of their surgical or non surgical treatment
- photos and videos from real cases (no patients’ identification is possible)
- information on the scientific work carried out by the site’s authors as well as their involvement in several scientific societies
Therefore, this website is intented for:
- patients without any knowledge on foot surgery
- patients seeking to deepen their understanding on their pathology
- health professionals, specialists or not, training or already practicing, and seeking to acquire a few more concepts on the subject, or simply directing patients
- simple onlookers interested in foot surgery
What you will not find on this website
This site doesn’t replace the direct relation between the surgeon and his patient, only way to establish trust between them. In such a consultation the practitioner develops his expertise to give the patient the best advice, adapted to his precise situation.
The authors thus decline in advance any request of medical advice through this website or by email.
The authors guarantee that this website is on their own financial duty. They do not receive any grant nor contribution to run it. No ad is presented on the site and all external links are inserted for their editorial interest.
Conflict of interest
Dr Cazeau doesn’t receive any remuneration, direct or not, for the promotion of the surgical techniques exposed on this site. However, he is a consultant for the company SBI (Small Bone Innovations) for the training of surgeons to these techniquess.
Dr Stiglitz doesn’t receive any remuneration, direct or not, for the promotion of the surgical techniques exposed on this site.
Last update: June 28, 2017